It’s easy for homeowners to overlook the importance of maintenance and repair. Water heaters can last for up to 10 years or more, but when they reach the end of their life cycle, it is important to replace them before serious damage occurs. This article will provide five signs indicating it’s time for water heater replacement in Warrenton, VA.
- Leaks: One of the most common signs that it’s time for a water heater replacement is when your unit starts leaking. Water leaks are not only damaging to your home but can also be dangerous if left unrepaired. If you notice water in or around the base of your water heater, it’s time to replace the unit.
- Rusty Water: When your home’s water has a rusty tint or smell, it could be a sign of corrosion in your pipes or inside the water heater. If left untreated, this will only worsen and require immediate replacement of the water heater.
- Loud Popping Noises: Popping noises indicate that sediment has built up inside the tank and is heating up, causing it to expand and contract. This can cause damage to the tank over time and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Age: The average water heater lasts 8-12 years, depending on usage, maintenance, and installation. If your water heater is older than ten years, it’s a good idea to inspect and replace it as needed.
- Corrosion: If you start noticing corrosion on the outside of your water heater or around the pipes, this can indicate that something else has gone wrong inside the unit. This can cause serious damage if left untreated and should be repaired immediately.
Replacing your water heater can be expensive, but keeping your home safe and running smoothly is necessary. To avoid early replacement, you should prioritize timely Warrenton, VA, tankless water heater electric repair.
If you need assistance replacing or repairing your water heater, contact Screaming Eagle Plumbing today for reliable tankless water heater maintenance in Warrenton, VA. Our experienced technicians will help diagnose the issue and get you back up and running in no time! Contact us today at (540) 305-9799 for more information.